When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
Early Learning and Child Care Diploma ELCC Diploma
Program Type Standard
Credential Type Diploma
Length 2 Years
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning
Admission into Year 1:!span>!span>
- 60% in English Language Arts 30-1 or English Language Arts 30-2 or equivalent; OR!span>!span>
- 60% in ESLG 1898 and ESLG 1899!span>!span>
Admission into Year 2:!span>!span>
- Successful completion of NorQuest College's Early Learning and Child Care certificate or equivalent!span>!span>
English Language Proficiency Requirements: If English is your second language, you must provide proof of English language proficiency (ELP) prior to admission. ELP test results must have been obtained within two years of the start date of your program. Acceptable evidence of ELP may be one of the following:!span>!span>
- CLBA: no section score below 8!span>!span>
- IELTS Academic: 6.5; no section score below 6!span>!span>
- TOEFL iBT: 84; no section score below 21!span>!span>
- CELPIP General: 8; no section score below 7!span>!span>
- CAEL: 60; no section score below 60!span>!span>
- minimum of 80% in ESLS8000 or ESLS8100, and 80% in ESLW8000 or ESLW8100; or minimum of 50% in ESLG1860 and ESLG1861!span>!span>
Note: ELP is a separate requirement from the English academic admission requirement.!span>!span>!span>
This program is eligible for full-time post-secondary assistance by Student Aid Alberta for the funding year 2019/08/01 to 2020/07/31*.
Tuition $5,040.00 Year One
Books/Supplies/Instruments $1,807.00 Year One
Mandatory Fees $1,647.00 Year One
* Tuition, books, supplies, instruments, and other/mandatory fees are provided to Student Aid Alberta and may be used when processing full-time post-secondary funding applications. The educational costs provided are based on a 100% full-course load and may not reflect current or all educational costs charged by the school. Contact the school to obtain accurate educational cost information.
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated August 30, 2019. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.