When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
There was an error. Please try again.
This page is already listed in your guide. Please choose a different page to add.
Health Care Aide (2019)
5707 College Drive
Vermilion, Alberta, T9X1K5, Canada
Program Type Standard
Credential Type Certificate
Length 1 Year or Less
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning
- English 20-1 or 20-2 with a minimum grade of 60% or Canadian jurisdiction equivalent
- English 30-1 or 30-2 with a minimum grade of 55% or Canadian jurisdiction equivalent
Additional Program Requirements:
- Standard First Aid, CPR - C
- WHMIS certificate
- Clear Criminal Record Check including the Vulnerable Sector Check submitted within three months prior to the start date of the program.
- Measles/MMR--2 doses regardless of year born. Applicants must provide evidence of this immunization.
- COVID-19 vaccine – 2 doses required.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to have and provide confirmation of the following immunizations:
- Diphtheria/Tetanus/Pertussis- dates of primary series and one dose over the age of 18, regardless of past immunization history
- Varicella--History of chicken pox disease. If no history, then a positive varicella titre
- Rubella--Date of Rubella vaccine or positive rubella titre
- Tuberculin Test--Annual One or Two step skin testing, unless known positive. Also known as mantoux.
- Hepatitis B: Series of three doses must be started before registration
- Hepatitis B Titre: Done 1-6 months after the third dose of the hepatitis B vaccine
- Polio--Dates of primary series
- Flu vaccine
This program is eligible for full-time post-secondary assistance by Alberta Student Aid for the funding year 2022/08/01 to 2023/07/31*.
Tuition $6,408.00 Year One
Mandatory Fees $1,020.00 Year One
Books/Supplies/Instruments $400.00 Year One
* Tuition, books, supplies, instruments, and other/mandatory fees are provided to Alberta Student Aid and may be used when processing full-time post-secondary funding applications. The educational costs provided are based on a 100% full-course load and may not reflect current or all educational costs charged by the school. Contact the school to obtain accurate educational cost information.
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated August 16, 2022. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.