When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
Health Care Aide (2019)
Program Type Standard
Credential Type Certificate
Length 1 Year or Less
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning
- High School Diploma with:
- 60% English 20-2
- Math 10-3 is strongly recommended
Additional Program Requirements:
- Standard First Aid and CPR Level C
- WHMIS certificate
- Clear criminal record check including the vulnerable sector check submitted within three months prior to the start date of the program.
- Measles/MMR--2 doses regardless of year born. Applicants must provide evidence of this immunization.
This program is eligible for full-time post-secondary assistance by Alberta Student Aid for the funding year 2022/08/01 to 2023/07/31*.
Tuition $6,408.00 Year One
Mandatory Fees $1,020.00 Year One
Books/Supplies/Instruments $400.00 Year One
* Tuition, books, supplies, instruments, and other/mandatory fees are provided to Alberta Student Aid and may be used when processing full-time post-secondary funding applications. The educational costs provided are based on a 100% full-course load and may not reflect current or all educational costs charged by the school. Contact the school to obtain accurate educational cost information.
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated June 30, 2022. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.