When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
Magnetic Resonance Imaging 2nd Discipline
Northern Alberta Institute of Technologywww.nait.ca
Program Type Post-Diploma
Credential Type Certificate
Length 1 Year or Less
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning Available
Proof of practice/membership and previous diploma
Proof of one of the following four requirements based on the applicant's First Discipline certificate:
1) Medical Radiation Technologists (MRT):
(Medical Radiologic Technologists, Nuclear Medicine Technologists, and Radiation Therapists)
- A current practice permit through a provincial/national regulatory body (e.g. ACMDTT), membership with CAMRT, and a diploma from an accredited institute in Medical Radiology, Nuclear Medicine, or Radiation Therapy
2) Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (DMS):
- Active membership with Sonography Canada (Generalist) and a diploma from an accredited institute in Diagnostic Medical Sonography
3) Combined Laboratory and X-Ray Technologists (CLXT):
- A current practice permit through the provincial regulatory body (ACCLXT) and a diploma from an approved accredited institute in Combined Laboratory & X-Ray
4) Internationally trained applicants:
- Equivalent International credentials in Medical Radiology, or Diagnostic Medical Sonography, membership with CAMRT or Sonography Canada, and an active practice permit through a provincial regulatory body where applicable.
- International equivalency credentials will be assessed on an individual basis, but membership with CAMRT or Sonography Canada will still be required.
Additional entrance requirements
A Letter of Recommendation from a physician, supervisor or department head indicating the capacity in which they are familiar with the candidate and their suitability for a career in MRI. In addition, the letter should demonstrate the candidate's capabilities in communication, critical thinking, and professionalism in the healthcare setting.
The MRI Applicant Screening Form must be completed and uploaded to your MyNAIT portal for verification.
Proof of English Language Proficiency
Please see program page for additional requirements and considerations.
Transfer & Credit Options may be available, please see nait.ca for more information.
Online except clinical practicum
See nait.ca for application deadlines.
This program is eligible for full-time post-secondary assistance by Alberta Student Aid for the funding year 2023/08/01 to 2024/07/31*.
Tuition $1,863.00 Year One
Mandatory Fees $624.10 Year One
Books/Supplies/Instruments $300.00 Year One
* Tuition, books, supplies, instruments, and other/mandatory fees are provided to Alberta Student Aid and may be used when processing full-time post-secondary funding applications. The educational costs provided are based on a 100% full-course load and may not reflect current or all educational costs charged by the school. Contact the school to obtain accurate educational cost information.
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated December 07, 2023. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.