When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
There was an error. Please try again.
This page is already listed in your guide. Please choose a different page to add.
Master of Theological Studies
Newman Theological Collegewww.newman.edu
Newman Theological College is a Roman Catholic School of Theology committed to theological education and missionary discipleship. The College prepares laity, religious, and ordained ministers for Christian service and leadership in Western Canada and beyond. Founded in 1969 in the wake of the Second Vatican Council, NTC's vision is to develop life-long disciples and ministers of Christ through the formation of minds and hearts.
The College is an accredited member of the Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada (ATS).
Academic programs include the Bachelor of Arts in Catholic Studies, the Master of Divinity, the Master of Theological Studies, the Master of Theology, and the Master of Religious Education. In addition, the College offers internet courses through its Distance Education program.
Located on the grounds of the beautiful North Saskatchewan River Valley of Edmonton, Newman Theological College is housed in a modern, light, purpose-built, and environmentally friendly facility which was constructed in 2010. NTC has its own bookstore, 12 offices, 4 classrooms, a media room, kitchen and gathering area. The College has a stunning theological library which is part of the NEOS Consortium and with holdings of over 50,000 books and over 100 current periodical titles. Daily liturgies are celebrated in our Newman College Chapel and students are welcome to use the chapel at any time for personal prayer.
10012-84 Street, NW
Edmonton, Alberta, T6A 0B2, Canada
Program Type Master's
Credential Type Degree
Length 2 Years
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning
- A M.Div. degree from an institution accredited by the Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada (A.T.S.).
- A probationary year of four Master’s level courses with a minimum average of 3.3 (B+) for those candidates whose M.Div. or equivalent is not recognized by the A.T.S.
- A grade point average of 3.30 (B+) on all courses counting towards the M.Div. degree.
- Reading competency in at least one modern or classical language depending on one’s area of study.
This program is eligible for full-time post-secondary assistance by Alberta Student Aid for the funding year 2022/08/01 to 2023/07/31*.
Tuition $3,780.00 Year One
Books/Supplies/Instruments $650.00 Year One
Mandatory Fees $190.00 Year One
* Tuition, books, supplies, instruments, and other/mandatory fees are provided to Alberta Student Aid and may be used when processing full-time post-secondary funding applications. The educational costs provided are based on a 100% full-course load and may not reflect current or all educational costs charged by the school. Contact the school to obtain accurate educational cost information.
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated October 06, 2022. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.