When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
There was an error. Please try again.
This page is already listed in your guide. Please choose a different page to add.
Office of the Registrar
10726 - 106 Avenue
Grande Prairie, Alberta, T8V 4C4, Canada
Program Type Standard
Credential Type Certificate
Length 1 Year or Less
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning
To apply to be accepted into this program, you need all of the following:
- English 10-1 or English 10-2 or equivalent
- Math 10-C or Math 10-3 or equivalent
Applicants who do not meet these requirements may be admitted to the program, but they will be required to pass the Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training apprentice entrance exam during the first semester if choosing to pursue an apprenticeship.
Preference will be granted to those with
- previous mechanical experience
- involvement in activities related to this field
- references of achievements and potential in this industry
A letter outlining your research into this industry may be helpful. An interview to confirm your suitability for this program may be required.
Mature Student Admission
Due to the popularity of the program, applicants seeking admission as a mature student will be admitted on a merit basis.
This program is eligible for full-time post-secondary assistance by Alberta Student Aid for the funding year 2022/08/01 to 2023/07/31*.
Tuition $4,542.00 Year One
Mandatory Fees $1,055.00 Year One
Books/Supplies/Instruments $700.00 Year One
* Tuition, books, supplies, instruments, and other/mandatory fees are provided to Alberta Student Aid and may be used when processing full-time post-secondary funding applications. The educational costs provided are based on a 100% full-course load and may not reflect current or all educational costs charged by the school. Contact the school to obtain accurate educational cost information.
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated July 22, 2022. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.