When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
Many post-secondary institutions promise a hands-on education, but Lakeland College goes far beyond expectations. Lakeland provides truly immersive experiences that shape futures and prepare students for the real world.
Both of our campuses – one in Vermilion and one in Lloydminster - are designed to guide students beyond the classroom, creating tangible environments where they can learn, lead and manage.
More than just practicums or work-study jobs, we create our programs with the future in mind, ensuring that after graduation, our students have the experience and knowledge to make a meaningful impact on their industries.
Lakeland learns by doing.
- On our Student-Managed Farm – Powered by New Holland (SMF), our students are in charge of managing commercial-sized ag enterprises. Second-year students in either animal science technology or crop technology can have a role in an SMF unit. There is one crop team and six livestock units: commercial beef cattle, purebred beef cattle, dairy cattle, bison, equine and extensive grazing research
- In our health and wellness programs, students put their skills into action in our student-led spa and hairstyling salon.
- Energy students lead shifts in the state-of-the-art Cenovus Lab, providing heat and power for the Lloydminster campus.
- Taking turns as battalion chief, emergency services students experience the operation of a firehall from day one.
Through these experiences – which can be found in almost every Lakeland program – our students engage with the real world before they become part of it.
Outside the classroom, Lakeland students find many ways to grow, through athletics, clubs, performing arts, rodeo, students' associations, research, Indigenous initiatives, recreation facilities, public speaking and more.
Lakeland also supports applied research to enhance the agriculture industry’s productivity, profitability and competitiveness, support student learning outcomes, and enhance social, environmental and economic outcomes in Alberta and beyond.
Go beyond the classroom at Lakeland.
Lakeland offers programming in the areas of agricultural sciences, business, energy, environmental sciences, fire and emergency services, health and wellness, human services, interior design technology, trades and technology, university transfer and foundational learning.
Program Type Pre-Employment
Credential Type Certificate
Length 1 Year or Less
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning
A minimum of 50% in:
- English 20-2
- Math 20-3
- One high school science course.
This program is eligible for full-time post-secondary assistance by Alberta Student Aid for the funding year 2023/08/01 to 2024/07/31*.
Tuition $5,400.00 Year One
Mandatory Fees $1,045.00 Year One
Books/Supplies/Instruments $520.00 Year One
* Tuition, books, supplies, instruments, and other/mandatory fees are provided to Alberta Student Aid and may be used when processing full-time post-secondary funding applications. The educational costs provided are based on a 100% full-course load and may not reflect current or all educational costs charged by the school. Contact the school to obtain accurate educational cost information.
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated July 04, 2023. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.