When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
Primary Care Paramedic (PCP)
Keyano College serves over 2,200 full-time and part-time students in Fort McMurray and the surrounding area. Students enjoy cultural opportunities in Fort McMurray as well as outdoor activities in the boreal forest. Keyano students may study at several campuses. The main Clearwater campus in Fort McMurray offers certificate and diploma programs, university transfer courses, collaborative degrees and online courses. The heavy industrial training centre at the Suncor Energy Industrial campus is the base for industrial programs for the oil industry.
Certificate and diploma programs are offered in areas such as business administration, early learning and child care, environmental technology, health services and office administration. University transfer programs are available in arts and sciences. Collaborative degrees offered through transfer agreements with a degree-granting institution may be taken in elementary education, nursing, and business administration. Keyano's well-equipped facilities include a Sport and Wellness Centre, a student activities centre, a 600-seat theatre and an arts centre that features music and dance studios, practice rooms, a rehearsal hall, piano labs, and a 200-seat recital theatre.
Keyano serves students through its Clearwater Main Campus and Suncor Energy Industrial Centre in Fort McMurray, the Fort Chipewyan Campus, and the learning centres in Fort McKay and Gregoire Lake.!span>!span>
Program Type Standard
Credential Type Certificate
Length 1 Year or Less
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning
- Minimum age of 18 years at start of program by first day of classes
- High School Diploma, grade 12 equivalent, or GED
- EMR certification from the Alberta College of Paramedics
- Valid Class 1, 2 or 4 driver’s license
- Resume highlighting field experience
- Alberta College of Paramedics (ACP) registration
Prior to beginning practicums, students must complete medical forms, show proof of up-to-date immunizations, and obtain a police information check with vulnerable sector clearance dated no earlier than 90 days prior to the program. Students must also complete N95 Mask Fit testing.
English Language Proficiency:
- TOEFL: iBT – minimum score of 79 with no score below 19
- IELTS – minimum score of 7.0
- CAEL – minimum score of 60
- MELAB – minimum score of 80
This program is eligible for full-time post-secondary assistance by Alberta Student Aid for the funding year 2022/08/01 to 2023/07/31*.
Tuition $3,332.00 Year One
Books/Supplies/Instruments $1,400.00 Year One
Mandatory Fees $560.00 Year One
* Tuition, books, supplies, instruments, and other/mandatory fees are provided to Alberta Student Aid and may be used when processing full-time post-secondary funding applications. The educational costs provided are based on a 100% full-course load and may not reflect current or all educational costs charged by the school. Contact the school to obtain accurate educational cost information.
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated September 13, 2018. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.