When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
Professional Meat Cutting & Merchandising Retail Meatcutting
Northern Alberta Institute of Technologywww.nait.ca
Program Type Standard
Credential Type Certificate
Length 1 Year or Less
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning
- Grade 10 Language Arts (English 10-2)
- Grade 10 Mathematics (Any of: Math 10C, Math 10-3, Math 20-4, Applied Math 10, Math 13, or Math 24)
- Proof of English Language Proficiency
- English or Math Academic Upgrading Placement Tests may be used in place of Grade 10 Language Arts or Grade 10 Math requirements, should results be successful and satisfy the appropriate grade level.
- 5 credits of Advanced Food level courses taken within the Career and Technology Studies program may be used to satisfy the minimum entrance requirements.
Transfer & Credit Options may be available, please see nait.ca for more information.
Please see program page for additional requirements and consideration.
See nait.ca for application deadlines.
This program is eligible for full-time post-secondary assistance by Alberta Student Aid for the funding year 2023/08/01 to 2024/07/31*.
Tuition $2,679.00 Year One
Books/Supplies/Instruments $950.00 Year One
Mandatory Fees $624.10 Year One
* Tuition, books, supplies, instruments, and other/mandatory fees are provided to Alberta Student Aid and may be used when processing full-time post-secondary funding applications. The educational costs provided are based on a 100% full-course load and may not reflect current or all educational costs charged by the school. Contact the school to obtain accurate educational cost information.
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated December 08, 2023. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.