When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
Southern Alberta Institute of Technologywww.sait.ca
Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Revit technologies have the power to transform the building industry, including improved accuracy, efficiency and precision.
The Revit Essentials Certificate of Completion introduces essential concepts and technical skills in BIM and the Revit software used to take advantage of this significant evolution in building design tools. This program covers the fundamentals of creating construction documents, building 3D architectural project models, and using more advanced features, such as conceptual design and BIM management.
Upon completion, you will be able to:
- Understand the concept and workflow of Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- Use design principles, techniques and Revit drawing tools to create 3D architectural project models
- Set up sheets and views to create construction documents
- Employ Revit tools to enable work-sharing and project team collaboration
- Use site and structural design tools for space planning, massing, visualization and rendering to create large-scale building projects
Program Type Occupational
Credential Type Certificate
Length 1 Year(s)
Certificate of Completion
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education Only
- Distance Learning
There are no requirements for admission. However, registration for all non-credit courses and certificate programs require a student account.
If you need a new student account:
- Go to the student login page
- Create an account as a new user*
To register for a continuing education course or certificate program of your choice:
- Log into your student account as an existing user from the student login page
- Go to the course or certificate program’s page and add it to your shopping cart**
- Click on the shopping cart icon and fill out the required registration form
- Make your payment to complete the registration
*Once you've set up your student account, you can log in as an existing user to make purchases, such as registering for courses and programs. Your account also provides access to your student profile, including enrolment history and course schedule. You'll receive further instructions on how to access mySAIT and Brightspace (D2L), as well as a Student ID number.
**If you are working toward a certificate, you must apply from the certificate program page. Your student record will be updated making it easier to monitor your progress, check your graduation requirements or transfer credits in the future. At the time of certificate completion, we will automatically audit your courses to ensure all requirements have been met.
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated July 29, 2021. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.