When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
Veterinary Office Assistant
Program Type Standard
Credential Type Certificate
Length 1 Year or Less
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning
- 50% in English Language Arts 30-1 or 65% in English Language Arts 30-2 or equivalent or completion of English for Academic Purposes – Reading and Writing EAP II (ESLG1898) and English for Academic Purposes – Listening and Speaking EAP II (ESLG1899) with a minimum of 50%
- 65% in High School Prep Mathematics (MATH 1905) or 50% in Mathematics 10-3 or equivalent
Note: If it has been 10 or more years since you completed mathematics courses (i.e., Math 10, 20, 30 or Math 13, 23, 33), you will be required to complete a skills assessment, take a challenge exam, or complete upgrading to meet the mathematics requirement.
Conditional or provisional admission may be granted to applicants who are missing admission requirements after satisfying other conditions. See Admissions Process for more details.
English Language Proficiency Requirements
If English is your second language, you must provide proof of English language proficiency (ELP) prior to admission. ELP test results must have been obtained within two years of the start date of your program.
Acceptable evidence of ELP may be one of the following test scores:
- CLBA: no section score below 8
- IELTS Academic: overall score of 6.5; no section score below 6.0
- TOEFL iBT: 84; no section score below 21
- CELPIP General: 8; no section score below 7
- CAEL: 60; no section score below 60
- Minimum 80% in Listening/Speaking 8000 (ESLS8000) or Listening/Speaking 8100 (ESLS8100), and 80% in Reading/Writing 8000 (ESLW8000) or Reading/Writing 8100 (ESLW8100)
- Minimum of 50% in English for Academic Purposes - Reading and Writing (ESLG1860) and English for Academic Purposes - Listening and Speaking (ESLG1861)
Note: ELP is a separate requirement from the English academic admission requirement.
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated August 30, 2019. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.