Alberta's economy is influenced by events, fluctuations in commodity prices, economic decisions from around the world and more.
This section explores the various industries that make up Alberta's economy and influence its society. Each industry profile contains background information about the industry's sectors, jobs and workforce. Also, each profile consists of forecasts, analysis of recent performance, a snapshot of applicable wages and a look at employment trends.
You are encouraged to seek additional sources of information when making plans for your career, education or business.
Use the following resources to get started and learn about:
- Opportunities and trends - occupations and jobs in demand now and predictions for future demand
- Industry outlooks - unbiased forecasts on industry, economic and trade activity in Alberta
- Labour market information - labour force statistics, census analysis, labour market forecasts and more.
- Professional associations - networking websites, business directories, union and professional associations.
- Wages and salaries - wage and salary information by occupation and geographic area, plus information on skills shortages in Alberta
- Finance.alberta.ca - additional information about economic trends affecting Alberta's economy