Looking for work in Alberta? Find sources for information on Alberta industry outlooks, labour demand, salaries, and more.
Why should I research companies and industries in Alberta?
Whether you’re planning your career or searching for a job, research will help you get a realistic picture of what it might be like to work for a company or in an industry. You can discover things such as
- the skills and training required to work in an industry
- the values the company or industry reflects
- the key players in the company or industry
- opportunities, trends and demands for certain occupations
- the changes and challenges the industry may be facing.
Use the following resources to get started and learn about:
- Opportunities and trends - occupations and jobs in demand now and predictions for future demand
- Industry outlooks - unbiased forecasts on industry, economic and trade activity in Alberta
- Industry profiles - explore industries that make up Alberta's economy and influence its society.
- Labour market information - labour force statistics, census analysis, labour market forecasts and more.
- Professional associations - networking websites, business directories, union and professional associations.
- Wages and salaries - wage and salary information by occupation and geographic area, plus information on skills shortages in Alberta