Skip to the main content
This website uses cookies to give you a better online experience. By using this website or closing this message, you are agreeing to our cookie policy. More information
Alberta Supports Contact Centre

Toll Free 1-877-644-9992


Transfer International Education

If you have international education, find out how to get assessed. View the following links to access educational, transfer, or assessment resources:

Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition (PLAR) is a process of identifying, assessing and recognizing skills, competencies, knowledge and formal training to facilitate the transfer of skills and knowledge of individuals into further learning and work.

Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials helps you find out how to have your educational credentials assessed and recognized in Canada.

International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) provides an assessment service that compares educational qualifications from other countries to Alberta educational standards.

Many occupations and professions in Alberta require certification or registration before you can work in the industry at a certain level or standing.

Certifications at OCCInfo is a searchable database that includes information for various occupations and professions in Alberta. The site lists regulated occupations in Alberta by legislation, answers common questions, and provides contact information.

Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training's TradeSecrets website provides information on regulated trades and designated occupations in Alberta.

Was this page useful?