Skip to the main content
This website uses cookies to give you a better online experience. By using this website or closing this message, you are agreeing to our cookie policy. More information
Alberta Supports Contact Centre

Toll Free 1-877-644-9992

Engineering, Architecture, Science and Technology


Architects design building projects and advise clients regarding building projects. They prepare programs, sketches, and cost estimates. They also produce scale construction drawings, write specifications, and review on-site construction work.


Alberta Association of Architects (AAA)
Duggan House
10515 Saskatchewan Dr. NW
Edmonton, Alberta T6E 4S1

Call: 780-432-0224


Under Alberta’s Architects Act [pdf] and Architects Act General Regulation [pdf], you must be registered with the Alberta Association of Architects (AAA) to practice as an Architect and use the title Architect. If you are not registered with AAA, you may work under the supervision of a registered architect.

What You Need

To register as an architect (RA) in Alberta, you need:

To become an intern architect (IA), you need:

For details about all registration requirements, contact the AAA or visit the AAA website.

Working in Alberta

Architects who are registered and in good standing with a regulatory body elsewhere in Canada may be eligible for registration in Alberta if their scope of practice and competencies are similar.

For more information, see What if I am already certified in another province or territory in Canada? and the AAA website.

Was this page useful?