Skip to the main content
This website uses cookies to give you a better online experience. By using this website or closing this message, you are agreeing to our cookie policy. More information
Alberta Supports Contact Centre

Toll Free 1-877-644-9992

Business, Finance and Real Estate

Condominium Manager

Condominium managers handle condominium fees, help enforce bylaws, manage contracts, and supervise employees.


Real Estate Council of Alberta (RECA)
202 - 1506 11 Ave. SW
Calgary, Alberta T3C 0M9

Call: 403-228-2954
Call toll-free: 1-888-425-2754
Fax: 403-228-3065


Under Alberta’s Real Estate Act [pdf] and Real Estate Exemption Regulation [pdf], you must hold a condominium management licence from the Real Estate Council of Alberta (RECA) to provide condominium management service on behalf of a condominium corporation.

What You Need

There are 3 classes of condominium management licences:

  • Condominium manager associate
  • Condominium manager associate broker
  • Condominium manager broker

To apply for a condominium manager associate licence, applicants must:

  • Be at least 18 years old
  • Have a high school diploma or equivalent
  • Demonstrate English proficiency
  • Complete required courses
  • Provide a certified criminal record check
  • Be employed by a licensed condominium management brokerage

The required courses are:

  • Fundamentals of Condominium Management
  • Practice of Condominium Management

To apply for a condominium manager associate broker licence, applicants must complete the Condominium Manager Broker Program.

Associate brokers have all the knowledge of a broker, but are not in charge of their own condominium management brokerage.

To apply for a condominium manager broker licence, applicants must:

  • Complete the educational requirements for associate broker
  • Have at least 2 years of licensed work experience within the last 5 years

Brokers are responsible for condominium management brokerages.

For official, detailed information about requirements, visit the RECA website.

Working in Alberta

Condominium managers who are certified by and in good standing with a regulatory organization elsewhere in Canada may be eligible for certification in Alberta.

For more information, see What if I am already certified in another province or territory in Canada? and the RECA website.

The certification information in this profile may change at any time and without notice. Before making any career decisions, we advise you to contact the regulatory organization or visit their website for the most updated information.

Was this page useful?