Graduates (between 2005 and 2014) from Alberta’s 25 publicly funded post-secondary institutions are followed over time to study the changes in their income.
Graduate's income information is collected from the first tax year following graduation and on.
- rounded to the nearest $100
- expressed in real 2015 dollars using the Alberta Consumer Price Index - All Items (CPI)
Graduates who complete a personal tax return in Canada are included in the study.
Those people not included in the study are:
- graduates enrolled full-time in an additional post-secondary program
- international students
- individuals who earned self-employment income
Other factors that can influence annual earnings that cannot be accounted for are:
- years of prior work experience
- number of hours worked per year
- field of employment
- local labour markets