When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
Program Type Standard
Credential Type Certificate
Length 1 Year or Less
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning Available
- 50% in English Language Arts 30-1 or English Language Arts 30-2 or completion of ESLG 1898 with a minimum 50% or equivalent
- 50% in Mathematics 30-1 (Pure Mathematics 30) or Mathematics 30-2 (Applied Mathematics 30) or 65% in Mathematics 20-1 or Mathematics 20-2 or equivalent
Please note: If it has been 10 or more years since you completed mathematics courses (i.e. Math 10, 20, 30 or Math 13, 23, 33), you will be required to complete a skills assessment, take a challenge exam, or complete upgrading to meet the mathematics requirement for this program.
English Language Proficiency
- CLBA: no section score below 7
- IELTS Academic: 6; no section score below 5.5
- TOEFL iBT: 71
- CELPIP General: 7; no section score below 6
- CAEL: 60
- minimum of 80% in ESLS7000 or ESLS7100, and 80% in ESLW7000 or ESLW7100
Note: ELP is a separate requirement from the English academic admission requirement.!span>
Work Experience Requirements: To be eligible for Work Experience (BUSN1295), students must successfully complete all other Accounting Technician certificate courses.
Face-to-face delivery at Edmonton downtown campus and online delivery
This program is eligible for full-time post-secondary assistance by Student Aid Alberta for the funding year 2019/08/01 to 2020/07/31*.
Tuition $5,346.00 Year One
Books/Supplies/Instruments $2,399.00 Year One
Mandatory Fees $1,672.00 Year One
* Tuition, books, supplies, instruments, and other/mandatory fees are provided to Student Aid Alberta and may be used when processing full-time post-secondary funding applications. The educational costs provided are based on a 100% full-course load and may not reflect current or all educational costs charged by the school. Contact the school to obtain accurate educational cost information.
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated August 07, 2018. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.