When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
Civil Engineering Technology
Program Type Standard
Credential Type Diploma
Length 2 Years
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning
Academic Requirements: Applicants to this program must also satisfy the following specific course requirements (or equivalencies):!div>
- Minimum grade of 50% in Grade 12 math (equivalent to Alberta’s Math 30-1) or 60% in Grade 12 math (equivalent to Alberta’s Math 30-2)
- Grade 11 physics or Grade 12 science (Grade 12 biology and/or Grade 12 chemistry will not be accepted in lieu of Grade 12 science)
- Basic understanding of computer technology such as word processing, copying files
- Familiarity working in a Windows-based environment
Practicum Experience Requirements: There is a required practicum component to this program. The College dictates the legal terms and conditions governing the practicum experience.
Note: Applicants who lack the required academic admission requirements can apply to the College and University Preparatory Program to upgrade for your program.
Prior Learning Assessment (PLA): If you have experience working in this field of study, you may be eligible for Prior Learning Assessment.!div>
Students are accepted into the Civil Engineering Technology program for the Fall (September) term only.
This program is eligible for full-time post-secondary assistance by Student Aid Alberta for the funding year 2019/08/01 to 2020/07/31*.
Tuition $4,425.00 Year One
Books/Supplies/Instruments $4,093.00 Year One
Mandatory Fees $1,047.00 Year One
* Tuition, books, supplies, instruments, and other/mandatory fees are provided to Student Aid Alberta and may be used when processing full-time post-secondary funding applications. The educational costs provided are based on a 100% full-course load and may not reflect current or all educational costs charged by the school. Contact the school to obtain accurate educational cost information.
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Camosun College/University of British Columbia (BC), Lakehead University (ON)
Updated August 03, 2018. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.