When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
Computer Information Technology
Program Type Occupational
Credential Type Diploma
Length 2 Years
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning Available
Academic Requirements: In addition, applicants to this program must also satisfy the following specific course requirements (or equivalencies):!div>
- Grade 12 math (equivalent to Alberta’s Math 30-2 or a higher level math).
- Due to workload in this program, students are encouraged to evaluate their external commitments or consult with an advisor about alternate program sequencing.
- Students who plan to continue their studies through various university programs may be required to take specific electives. Please see information under “Transfers” for specifics.
- A number of physical education courses are allowed in recognition of the need to promote a healthy lifestyle.
Applicants who lack the required academic admission requirements can apply to the College and University Preparatory Program to upgrade for your program.Industry Suitability: !span>!span>Prospective students should be aware of the following job-related physical demands: standing or sitting for long periods of time, intense visual concentration, and some lifting and carrying.!span>!span>!span>!div> !div> Practicum Experience Requirements: There is a required practicum component to this program. The College dictates the legal terms and conditions governing the practicum experience.!div>
Prior Learning Assessment (PLA): If you have experience working in this field of study, you may be eligible for Prior Learning Assessment.!div>
Some elective courses are available online, as identified in the calendar by (OL) after the course title.
This program is eligible for full-time post-secondary assistance by Student Aid Alberta for the funding year 2018/08/01 to 2019/07/31*.
Tuition $3,092.00 Year One
Books/Supplies/Instruments $1,844.00 Year One
Mandatory Fees $946.00 Year One
* Tuition, books, supplies, instruments, and other/mandatory fees are provided to Student Aid Alberta and may be used when processing full-time post-secondary funding applications. The educational costs provided are based on a 100% full-course load and may not reflect current or all educational costs charged by the school. Contact the school to obtain accurate educational cost information.
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Griffith University (Australia)
Updated August 03, 2018. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.