When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
Diploma in Counselling
Program Type Occupational
Credential Type Diploma *
Length 2 Years 62 credits
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning
* One field education unit (100 hours) is required in the second year of this program. Field Education units do not have academic credit value but are required for graduation.
A valid high school diploma from any government-recognized North American high school, or from any private school accredited by the Association of Christian School International (ACSI), or high school equivalency (GED). High school transcripts must present:
- Four 30-1 level courses (or equivalents) with a minimum grade average of 65%
- Two of the 30-1 level courses must be English 30-1 and Social-1 or equivalent.
- Two personal references
- A written statement of your spiritual history.
Students without high school equivalency may be admitted under special conditions. Contact school for details.
If English is your second language, you must have received a score on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) of at least 550 (paper based) or 213 (computer based) to be admitted.
This program is eligible for full-time post-secondary assistance by Student Aid Alberta for the funding year 2017/08/01 to 2018/07/31*.
Tuition $14,950.00 Year One
Books/Supplies/Instruments $1,800.00 Year One
Mandatory Fees N/A Year One
* Tuition, books, supplies, instruments, and other/mandatory fees are provided to Alberta Student Aid and may be used when processing full-time post-secondary funding applications. The educational costs provided are based on a 100% full-course load and may not reflect current or all educational costs charged by the school. Contact the school to obtain accurate educational cost information.
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated April 07, 2015. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.