When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
Doctorate in Social Sciences
Program Type Doctoral
Credential Type Degree
Length 4 - 4 Year(s)
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning Only
- Master’s degree in one of the Social Sciences, or related field, normally required;
- Evidence of experience related to the degree program. Normally a minimum of 10 years with senior level decision-making authority.
- A competitive, interdisciplinary, applied research proposal that reflects current research foci in the Faculty of Social and Applied Sciences at Royal Roads University
- English language skills and competency.
- TOEFL (paper-based) 600; TOEFL IBT (Internet-based) minimum score of 20 in each section for an overall minimum score of 100 or better. (Institution Code: 9054)
- International English Language Testing Services: 7.0 overall with no individual item score less than 6.5.
- Pearson Test of English: Minimum score of 68.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE): International English Language requirement with Verbal 560, Quantitative 740, and Analytical 4.0.
- Evidence of competence in English through other standardized tests or education experience will be considered on an individual basis.
Online with short on-campus residencies, see website for details or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated May 17, 2016. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.