Taking a few minutes to learn about your skills and abilities might help you in choosing the right education path to achieve your career goals.
Red Deer Collegewww.rdc.ab.ca
Program Type Occupational
Credential Type Diploma
Length 2 Years
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning
High School Diploma or GED with a minimum of 60% in:!div>
- Biology 30
- Chemistry 30
- ELA 30-1 or ELA 30-2
- Mathematics 30-1 or Mathematics 30-2 or Mathematics 30 Applied
- Computer literacy (including intro, word processing, spreadsheet). Testing available at RDC
- Keyboarding 30 nwpm. Testing available at RDC
- Language proficiency test results that meet the NAPRA Language Proficiency Requirements for Licensure as a Pharmacy Technician in Canada (TOEFL minimum score of 91 internet based or IELTS minimum score of 6.5 overall, with at least 6.0 on each band score or MELAB minimum score of 81 overall, with at least 80 on each band score); or
- Graduation from a high school in Canada with four consecutive, first language English or French courses/credits; or
- Graduation from a Collège d'enseignement général et professionnel (CEGEP) in Quebec with four consecutive, first language English or French courses/credits; or
- An undergraduate degree from a university in Canada, whose instruction was provided in English or French.
In order to proceed into practicum courses, you must show evidence of the required specific schedule of immunization prior to program start date. A form will be provided by the college. Some students may require additional immunizations or testing in order to be eligible for particular practicum placements.!div>
This program is eligible for full-time post-secondary assistance by Student Aid Alberta for the funding year 2017/08/01 to 2018/07/31*.
Tuition $3,867.50 Year One
Books/Supplies/Instruments $1,300.00 Year One
Mandatory Fees $1,018.00 Year One
* Tuition, books, supplies, instruments, and other/mandatory fees are provided to Alberta Student Aid and may be used when processing full-time post-secondary funding applications. The educational costs provided are based on a 100% full-course load and may not reflect current or all educational costs charged by the school. Contact the school to obtain accurate educational cost information.
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated May 13, 2016. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.