When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
Bow Valley Collegewww.bowvalleycollege.ca
Program Type Standard
Credential Type Diploma
Length 2 Years
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 60% in English 30-1 or 70% in English 30-2 or equivalent
- Minimum 60% in Math 30-1 or Math 30-2 or equivalent; Biology 30 or equivalent; Chemistry 30 or equivalent
- A minimum keyboarding speed of 30 wpm is strongly recommended.
- Applicants are expected to have a working knowledge of personal computers including general business applications and navigating the internet.
- Applicants are expected to have basic math skills including, but not limited to: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and conversion of fractions, percentages, decimals, ratios, problem solving, linear equations and other related calculations.
- Proficient manual dexterity is essential.
- Applicants should be detail-oriented with the ability to problem-solve and multi-task.
- Current Police Information Check (PIC) with a Vulnerable Sector Search (VSS) must be submitted prior to the practicum placements. The existence of a criminal record may postpone or prevent clinical, practicum, or field work placements, and subsequently, successful completion of the program.
- Immunization requirements must be met prior to participating in practicum placements. Details will be provided after being accepted into the program. Up-to-date immunizations are valid for the duration of the program.
This program is eligible for full-time post-secondary assistance by Alberta Student Aid for the funding year 2021/08/01 to 2022/07/31*.
Tuition $5,220.00 Year One
Books/Supplies/Instruments $1,750.00 Year One
Mandatory Fees $666.00 Year One
* Tuition, books, supplies, instruments, and other/mandatory fees are provided to Alberta Student Aid and may be used when processing full-time post-secondary funding applications. The educational costs provided are based on a 100% full-course load and may not reflect current or all educational costs charged by the school. Contact the school to obtain accurate educational cost information.
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated June 25, 2021. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.