When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
ThinkBIG Service Technician
Grande Prairie Regional Collegewww.gprc.ab.ca
Located in northwestern Alberta, Grande Prairie Regional College (GPRC) serves over 4,000 students at campuses in Grande Prairie and Fairview. Students at the Grande Prairie campus may choose from certificate or diploma options or begin degrees or professional programs in areas such as arts, commerce, education, physical education and science. Selected trades programs are also offered. The Fairview campus offers programs and courses in areas such as animal health technology, apprenticeship training, motorcycle repair, power engineering and pre-employment trades. Regional learning centres provide education in Hinton, Edson, Jasper and Grande Cache. Several collaborative degrees may be completed at the Grande Prairie campus. Students may complete degrees in nursing or education through the University of Alberta, complete degrees in computer information systems, commerce, management or science through Athabasca University or complete a degree in social work through the University of Calgary. The Grande Prairie campus is home to a 500-seat concert hall renowned for its architecture and performers. Music instruction is available for students of all ages. Athletic facilities serve competitive teams in basketball, cross-country running, curling, soccer and volleyball. The Grande Prairie campus also provides a library with access to over 76,000 print items and over five million items through consortia membership.
Satellite Campuses or Offices
Edson, Fairview, Grande Cache, Hinton, Jasper
Program Type Occupational
Credential Type Diploma
Length 2 Years
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning
- High School Diploma (GED or Certificate of Achievement will not be accepted)
- Successful interview with Finning and GPRC panel
- Pass of Standardized Differential Aptitude testing
- Canadian citizenship or Permanent Residency (Landed Immigrant)
- Completion of a resume and an HES Career Investigation Report
- Pass of a Physical Demands Assessment as required by Finning Canada
Demand for this program is very high
Preference may be given to those who:
- have academic achievement beyond the stated prerequisites
- are actively involved in activities related to this field
- can supply references documenting their experience, involvement, or potential in this field
This program is eligible for full-time post-secondary assistance by Student Aid Alberta for the funding year 2018/08/01 to 2019/07/31*.
Tuition $6,634.85 Year One
Mandatory Fees $525.68 Year One
Books/Supplies/Instruments N/A Year One
* Tuition, books, supplies, instruments, and other/mandatory fees are provided to Student Aid Alberta and may be used when processing full-time post-secondary funding applications. The educational costs provided are based on a 100% full-course load and may not reflect current or all educational costs charged by the school. Contact the school to obtain accurate educational cost information.
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated May 07, 2018. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.