When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
Advanced Care Paramedic
Northern Alberta Institute of Technologywww.nait.ca
Program Type Standard
Credential Type Diploma
Length 2 Years
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning
- English 30-1 or 30-2
- Math 10C or Pure Math 10 or Applied Math 10 or Math 13
- Biology 30 or Science 30
- Proof of current EMT (PCP) registration with the Alberta College of Paramedics
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Proof of EMT (PCP) certificate and transcript from the training institution
- One of the following CPR certifications: Canadian Ski Patrol (CPR-C); Heart & Stroke Foundation (BLS for HCP (C), BLS, CPR-C); Lifesaving Society (CPR-C); Red Cross (CPR-C or HCP); St. John Ambulance (CPR-C or HCP); NAIT CPRS100 - Basic Life Support course
- Proof of English Language Proficiency
- Online Interview
There is a competitive entrance requirement for this program. Please see the program page for details.
Please see program page for additional requirements and considerations.
Transfer & Credit Options may be available, please see nait.ca for more information.
This program is eligible for full-time post-secondary assistance by Student Aid Alberta for the funding year 2019/08/01 to 2020/07/31*.
Tuition $4,334.00 Year One
Books/Supplies/Instruments $2,650.00 Year One
Mandatory Fees $1,004.00 Year One
* Tuition, books, supplies, instruments, and other/mandatory fees are provided to Student Aid Alberta and may be used when processing full-time post-secondary funding applications. The educational costs provided are based on a 100% full-course load and may not reflect current or all educational costs charged by the school. Contact the school to obtain accurate educational cost information.
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated September 19, 2019. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.