When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
Animal Health Technology
Located on the edge of the town of Olds in central Alberta, Olds College serves over 1,500 students. Focusing on hands-on training, Olds College offers programs located in specialized facilities including a meat cutting facility, an expansive greenhouse, a heavy equipment maintenance bay, a treatment wetlands, farrier lab, two indoor equestrian facilities and modern sewing labs.
Olds College students may enrol in certificate, diploma and applied degree programs in areas such as agriculture, animal sciences, business administration, environment, fashion, horticulture, land, technology and trades. The Olds College community includes dozens of student clubs, ranging from athletic leagues to an award-winning rodeo club. The Olds campus houses a modern fitness centre, tennis courts, soccer fields and a swimming pool, as well as a new student residence, an extensive library, fine arts centre and a botanic garden.
Satellite Campuses or Offices
Calgary - Fashion Institute
Program Type Standard
Credential Type Diploma
Length 2 Years
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning Available
- 60% or better in English Language Arts 30-1 or 30-2
- 60% or better in Math 30-1 or 30-2
- 60% or better in Biology 30
- 60% or better in Chemistry 30
- Complete 40 hours of job shadowing and/or employment within specified dates
- Submit a Verification Form to verify the 40 required hours
- Meet the English Language Proficiency Requirement
Refer to the Olds College website www.oldscollege.ca for detailed application information.
The Animal Health Technology Program offers an On-campus and Online delivery option.
This program is eligible for full-time post-secondary assistance by Alberta Student Aid for the funding year 2020/08/01 to 2021/07/31*.
Tuition $5,439.96 Year One
Mandatory Fees $2,646.17 Year One
Books/Supplies/Instruments $1,000.00 Year One
* Tuition, books, supplies, instruments, and other/mandatory fees are provided to Alberta Student Aid and may be used when processing full-time post-secondary funding applications. The educational costs provided are based on a 100% full-course load and may not reflect current or all educational costs charged by the school. Contact the school to obtain accurate educational cost information.
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated August 22, 2019. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.