When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
Business Administration General
Program Type Standard
Credential Type Diploma
Length 2 Years
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning Available
- 50% in English Language Arts 30-1 or English Language Arts 30-2 or completion of ESLG 1898 with a minimum 50% or equivalent
- 65% in Mathematics 20-1 (Pure Mathematics 20) or Mathematics 20-2 (Applied Mathematics 20) or equivalent, or 50% in Mathematics 30-1 (Pure Mathematics 30) or Mathematics 30-2 (Applied Mathematics 30) or equivalent*
*Note: If it has been 10 or more years since you completed mathematics courses (i.e. Math 10, 20, 30 or Math 13, 23, 33), you will be required to complete a skills assessment, take a challenge exam, or complete upgrading to meet the mathematics requirement for this program.
English Language Proficiency: If English is your second language, you must provide proof of English language proficiency (ELP) prior to admission. ELP must have been completed within the two years prior to application to the program. Acceptable evidence of ELP may be one of the following test scores:
- CLBA: no section score below 7
- IELTS Academic: 6; no section score below 5.5
- TOEFL iBT: 71
- CELPIP General: 7; no section score below 6
- CAEL: 60
- minimum of 80% in Listening/Speaking 7000 (ESLS7000) or Listening/Speaking 7100 (ESLS7100) (or Listening and Speaking for Success in a Business Career (ESLG2101)), and 80% in Reading/Writing 7000 (ESLW7000) or Reading/Writing 7100 (ESLW7100) (or Reading and Writing Strategies and Development for Business Careers (ESLG2103))
Note: ELP is a separate requirement from the English academic admission requirement.
Face-to-face delivery and online delivery
This program is eligible for full-time post-secondary assistance by Alberta Student Aid for the funding year 2020/08/01 to 2021/07/31*.
Tuition $4,620.00 Year One
Books/Supplies/Instruments $2,188.00 Year One
Mandatory Fees $1,461.00 Year One
* Tuition, books, supplies, instruments, and other/mandatory fees are provided to Alberta Student Aid and may be used when processing full-time post-secondary funding applications. The educational costs provided are based on a 100% full-course load and may not reflect current or all educational costs charged by the school. Contact the school to obtain accurate educational cost information.
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated August 30, 2019. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.