When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
DSLR Video Production
Southern Alberta Institute of Technologywww.sait.ca
Whether you're a budding videographer or a seasoned pro, our DSLR Video Production Certificate of Achievement will help you gain the skills you're looking for.
Our professional instructors will guide you through everything you'll need to know to produce your very own high-quality videos, from understanding frame rates and lighting to shooting your video through to the final editing process.
Using tools like Non-Linear Editor and delivering hands-on shooting instruction, you'll get the chance to set up lights, shoot real video, and go to post-production. Our instructors will work with you in the classroom as well as out in the field. With most new cameras able to shoot in high-definition video, we'll teach you how to get the most out of your equipment.
Key points covered:
- The difference in frame rates and how they can affect subject and timeline
- Video quality
- Controlling rolling shutter
- Proper use of filters
- Editing in Non-Linear Editor
- Theory and practice of audio
- Any DSLR or mirrorless camera with interchangeable lenses
- 18-55, 24-70 or any standard lens
- Tripod with video head
- Small shotgun microphone
- Minimum 2 class 10 memory cards ( 90mb/s or 600x) with 32gb of space
- Minimum 2 batteries
- 50mm f1.8 (optional but recommended)
- Card Reader
- Single 36” reflector (white/sliver)
Program Type Occupational
Credential Type Non-Credential *
Length 1 Year(s)
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education Only
- Distance Learning
* Certificate of Achievement
There are no requirements for admission. However, registration for all non-credit courses and certificate programs require a student account.
If you need a new student account:
- Go to the student login page
- Create an account as a new user*
To register for a continuing education course or certificate program of your choice:
- Log into your student account as an existing user from the student login page
- Go to the course or certificate program’s page and add it to your shopping cart**
- Click on the shopping cart icon and fill out the required registration form
- Make your payment to complete the registration
*Once you've set up your student account, you can log in as an existing user to make purchases, such as registering for courses and programs. Your account also provides access to your student profile, including enrolment history and course schedule. You'll receive further instructions on how to access mySAIT and Brightspace (D2L), as well as a Student ID number.
**If you are working toward a certificate, you must apply from the certificate program page. Your student record will be updated making it easier to monitor your progress, check your graduation requirements or transfer credits in the future. At the time of certificate completion, we will automatically audit your courses to ensure all requirements have been met.
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated July 29, 2021. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.