When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
There was an error. Please try again.
This page is already listed in your guide. Please choose a different page to add.
Educational Assistant General
Office of the Registrar
10726 - 106 Avenue
Grande Prairie, Alberta, T8V 4C4, Canada
Program Type Standard
Credential Type Certificate
Length 1 Year or Less
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning
To apply to be accepted into this program, you need all of the following:
- High School Diploma
- English 30-2 (minimum of 60%) or English 30-1 (minimum of 50%)
- to be 18 years of age or older (or receive special permission from the Department Chairperson)
- Standard First Aid Certificate
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certificate (Basic Rescuer)
- Police Information Check from the RCMP (required by agencies)
Information about obtaining Police Information Checks will be provided to students after they have been admitted. For your own personal health, you may wish to ensure that your immunizations are current.
Mature Student Admission
If you are without a High School Diploma in English 30-1 or 30-2, please arrange with Student Services for pre-admission assessment.
Part-Time Student Admission
You may enrol in up to three courses without admission to the program. You may apply for admission to the program if you have successfully completed three Educational Assistant courses. The first one must be HS1130 English.
This program is eligible for full-time post-secondary assistance by Alberta Student Aid for the funding year 2022/08/01 to 2023/07/31*.
Tuition $5,217.00 Year One
Mandatory Fees $1,987.00 Year One
Books/Supplies/Instruments $1,000.00 Year One
* Tuition, books, supplies, instruments, and other/mandatory fees are provided to Alberta Student Aid and may be used when processing full-time post-secondary funding applications. The educational costs provided are based on a 100% full-course load and may not reflect current or all educational costs charged by the school. Contact the school to obtain accurate educational cost information.
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated July 22, 2022. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.