When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
Instrumentation Engineering Technology Co-op
Northern Alberta Institute of Technologywww.nait.ca
Program Type Standard
Credential Type Diploma
Length 2 Years
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning
- Grade 12 English
- Pure Math 30 or Math 30-1
- Chemistry 20
- Physics 30
- Successful completion of the following program courses via Open Studies with a minimum GPA of 2.0:
- CHEM1133 Industrial Chemistry
- INST1110 Process Measurements I
- ELEC1130 Electrical I
- MATH1155 Technical Mathematics and Calculus
- PHYS1160 Physics for Instrumentation
For more information go to nait.ca.
View the English Language Proficiency Requirements for the program: NAIT | English Language Proficiency
Advanced Credit: You may apply for advanced credit once you have been accepted into the program. Advanced Credit can be Transfer Credit (for completed post-secondary courses), Credential Recognition (for completed certificates, diplomas or degrees) or PLAR (Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition).
Transfer Credit and Credential Recognition: In addition to the common guidelines outlined on the Recognition of Prior Learning website and on the Request for Transfer Credit or Credential Recognition form (pdf), your program has other advanced credit requirements that are applied to each request including:
- You must have completed the course or program no more than 7 years ago unless a formalized articulation agreement is in place
- You must have a minimum mark of Pass in the course(s) or program
Contact the program for additional information about Advanced Credit.
If you do not qualify for transfer credit or credential recognition, Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition (PLAR) may be an option.
This program is eligible for full-time post-secondary assistance by Student Aid Alberta for the funding year 2020/08/01 to 2021/07/31*.
Tuition $4,638.00 Year One
Books/Supplies/Instruments $1,850.00 Year One
Mandatory Fees $1,010.00 Year One
* Tuition, books, supplies, instruments, and other/mandatory fees are provided to Student Aid Alberta and may be used when processing full-time post-secondary funding applications. The educational costs provided are based on a 100% full-course load and may not reflect current or all educational costs charged by the school. Contact the school to obtain accurate educational cost information.
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated September 19, 2019. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.