When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
Social Work Diploma
Keyano College serves over 2,200 full-time and part-time students in Fort McMurray and the surrounding area. Students enjoy cultural opportunities in Fort McMurray as well as outdoor activities in the boreal forest. Keyano students may study at several campuses. The main Clearwater campus in Fort McMurray offers certificate and diploma programs, university transfer courses, collaborative degrees and online courses. The heavy industrial training centre at the Suncor Energy Industrial campus is the base for industrial programs for the oil industry.
Certificate and diploma programs are offered in areas such as business administration, early learning and child care, environmental technology, health services and office administration. University transfer programs are available in arts and sciences. Collaborative degrees offered through transfer agreements with a degree-granting institution may be taken in elementary education, nursing, and business administration. Keyano's well-equipped facilities include a Sport and Wellness Centre, a student activities centre, a 600-seat theatre and an arts centre that features music and dance studios, practice rooms, a rehearsal hall, piano labs, and a 200-seat recital theatre.
Keyano serves students through its Clearwater Main Campus and Suncor Energy Industrial Centre in Fort McMurray, the Fort Chipewyan Campus, and the learning centres in Fort McKay and Gregoire Lake.!span>!span>
Program Type Standard
Credential Type Diploma
Length 2 Years
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning
High School Diploma, or equivalent, with:
- a minimum of 50% in English 30-1.
Mature students (students who are 21 years of age or out of school for at least three consecutive years):
- a minimum of 50% in English 30-1.
- All applicants will be asked to complete a pre-entry interview with the Chair of Human Services.
- Applicants will be asked to provide a current character reference from an employer, Band or Métis agency or leadership, elder, teacher, government official, or other approved source.
- Social Work Diploma program students cannot enter the program without submitting a Child Welfare and Police Information Check dated no earlier than July 1st and complete a Program Applicant Information package.
For most programs, applicants are accepted on a first qualified, first served basis once their application and supporting transcripts/documents have been received. For programs with an enrollment limit, such as the Social Work diploma, the College reserves the right to employ academic rating scales for admission purposes.
English Language Proficiency Requirements
In addition to the appropriate coursework to meet the admission requirements for their chosen program students must also meet English Language Proficiency requirements. For more information on English Language Proficiency please visit keyano.ca/programs
Students are advised to submit completed applications prior to May 1 of each intake year as pre-entry interviews will commence mid-May. The application deadline is May 1st, however, applications received after the deadline will be considered if capacity permits.
This program is eligible for full-time post-secondary assistance by Alberta Student Aid for the funding year 2023/08/01 to 2024/07/31*.
Tuition $5,042.00 Year One
Books/Supplies/Instruments $1,890.00 Year One
Mandatory Fees $842.00 Year One
* Tuition, books, supplies, instruments, and other/mandatory fees are provided to Alberta Student Aid and may be used when processing full-time post-secondary funding applications. The educational costs provided are based on a 100% full-course load and may not reflect current or all educational costs charged by the school. Contact the school to obtain accurate educational cost information.
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated October 05, 2023. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.