When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
Wind Turbine Technician
Program Type Standard
Credential Type Certificate
Length 1 Year or Less
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning
General Admission Requirements: All applicants must meet the general admission requirements for Lethbridge College programs, as indicated in the Admissions section of the calendar.
Alternate Admission: Alternate admission applicants must successfully complete the Alberta Apprenticeship first period Electrical pre-entrance exam with a minimum grade of 70%.
Non-academic Requirements: Students are to supply the following program-approved personal safety equipment: side impact hard hat with chin strap, cotton coveralls, steel-toed boots with ankle covered, safety glasses, and tight-fitting work gloves. Students are required to write the BZEE exam and are responsible for the exam fee.
Medical Requirements: This program requires applicants to be in good physical condition. Applicants must be able to perform physical duties such as climbing ladders of 60 to 125 meters in height, lifting items up to 22.5 kg (50 lbs.) in weight, working at heights and in confined spaces.
Special Note(s): Applicants must be comfortable working at extreme heights and weather conditions and should not suffer from motion sickness. Applicants must have strong mechanical aptitude and experience working with hand tools. As international travel may be required, industry requires potential employees to be eligible for passports.
Note: Applicants who lack the required academic admission requirements can apply to the College and University Preparatory Program to upgrade for your program.
Prior Learning Assessment (PLA): If you have experience working in this field of study, you may be eligible for Prior Learning Assessment.
Mobile Learning Program: This is a Mobile Learning Program and requires students to supply their own device with required minimum specifications. Go to our website for additional information.
- Applicants must be comfortable working at extreme heights and weather conditions and should not suffer from motion sickness.
- Applicants must have strong mechanical aptitude and experience working with hand tools.
- As international travel may be required, industry requires potential employees to be eligible for passports.
- Applicants must hold a current driver’s license as travel is required to training and instructional sites.
- A good working knowledge of the English language (including speaking, comprehension, reading and writing) is necessary for success in the program and future employment opportunities.
- When WTT1100, WTT1103 and WTT1104 are combined together they form the requirements for the first period technical training for the Electrician Apprenticeship Period One program. After completion of the Wind Turbine Technician program (or at least the three courses named above), the student could be indentured in the electrician trade and could complete their technical training through to journeyman status by attending the Electrician Apprenticeship Program available at Lethbridge College.
New students are accepted into the Wind Turbine Technician program in the Fall (September) and Winter (January) terms.
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated August 29, 2019. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.