While you might like the idea of working in the oil and gas industry, that may not always be possible based on your skills and education.
Here’s how to find out if you have the skills and education for a career in oil and gas. Start by checking these occupations in the mining and oil and gas extraction industry. Try these steps:
- Narrow the list down by using the filters. For example, use the “Minimum Education” filter. Choose the level of education that you already have or are planning to get.
- Click or tap on the name of an occupation you’re interested in.
- Read the “Duties” and “Skills and Abilities” sections to learn more about the occupation.
- Check the “Educational Requirements” section to find out what you need to get started.
- Check the “Related Alberta Job Postings” section for current job openings.
- Repeat steps 2–5 for every occupation you’re interested in.
Find out which employers are in the oil and gas industry. The list is not exhaustive, but it gives you a good starting point.
Take this self-assessment quiz to help you figure out which oil and gas occupation might fit you well.
What would you like to know?
An alis staff member will review your question and respond via email. If it’s something that can help others look for work, explore careers, or succeed on the job, a version of your question and answer may even be added to the site.
Your privacy is important. If your question is published to alis, your identity will remain anonymous. Your email address and any other personally identifiable information will not be posted to the site.