Tools & Resources
Please use this information to help when searching:
- Searches are not case sensitive.
- Narrow your search:
- Put search terms in quotation marks. If you don’t use quotation marks, then each term is seen as a separate item. e.g. Resume Writing Course - The search retrieves all articles containing the terms “Resume” or “Writing” or “Course” or any combination of these terms.
- Use AND, OR, NOT or combination.
- AND will only retrieve articles that contain both of the search terms you entered.
E.g. To find information on “career planning” for “newcomers”, use “career planning” AND “newcomers”.
- OR will broaden a search to include all articles that contain the keywords entered.
E.g. A search for the Career Information Hotline (CIH) might use “Career Information Hotline” OR “CIH”.
- NOT will narrow a search by excluding unwanted terms.
E.g. To find articles on “funding” but not within the context of scholarships, use “funding” NOT “scholarships”.
- Combining search operators in various ways can also narrow searches.
- “child care” AND “job search” NOT “child care subsidy”
- “changing jobs” OR “job loss” AND “mature worker”.
Was this page useful?