When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
Bachelor of Applied Science: Environmental Management Monitoring/Environmental Protection
When Lakeland College opened as the Vermilion School of Agriculture in 1913 there were only 34 students enrolled. Today Lakeland has campuses in Vermilion and Lloydminster and serves more than 7,500 full-time and part-time students --- but Lakeland is as tight-knit as ever.
Lakeland's comfortable setting allows students to focus on learning. Programs are designed to ease their transition into the work force and/or further study at a four-year institution. The options for study are as diverse as the college. The Vermilion campus is the site of programs in agricultural sciences, environmental sciences, fire and emergency services, human services, interior design technology, and pre-employment and apprenticeship technical trades training. Programs in business, arts, health and wellness, energy and petroleum technology and university transfer are available at the Lloydminster campus. In Edmonton, students can take sign language interpretation.
Through practicum placements, hands-on projects, labs and industry links, Lakeland College students have a world of opportunity to live the learning. Learn more at lakelandcollege.ca.
Satellite Campuses or Offices
Program Type Applied
Credential Type Degree
Length 4 Years
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning
Graduates of the following two-year diploma programs with Inorganic and Organic Chemistry, Introductory Soil Science, and Statistics may be eligible for direct entry.
- Lakeland College • Environmental Science Diplomas (all majors)
- Assiniboine Community College • Land and Water Management
- Lethbridge College • Environmental Assessment and Restoration
- Loyalist College (entry to MEP major) • Environmental Technician • Environmental Technologist
- Medicine Hat College (entry to MEP major) • Reclamation Technology
- Mohawk College (entry to MEP major) • Environmental Technician
- NAIT (entry to MEP major) • Biological Sciences Technology - Environmental Sciences (MEP or RR) - Renewable Resources (MEP) (RR grads of 2014 and beyond)
- Niagara College (entry to MEP major) • Environmental Technician
- Olds College • Land Water Resources - Land Reclamation - Environmental Stewardship (Chemistry 200, 1020, EVS 2400, AGN 2420 and Statistics (AGRN 410) are required)
- Portage College (entry to MEP major) • Natural Resource Technology
- Fleming College (entry to MEP major) • Environmental Technology
- Selkirk College (entry to MEP major) • Integrated Resource Technology
- SAIT Polytechnic (entry to MEP major) • Environmental Technology
- SIAST (entry to MEP major) • Environmental Engineering Technology • Integrated Resources Management (organic and inorganic chemistry required) • Water Resources Engineering Technology
Applicants with a minimum GPA of 2.3 and a diploma or degree in a related specialization may also be eligible. All applicants must have college/university level:
- Inorganic and Organic Chemistry
- Introductory Soil Science
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated May 07, 2018. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.