When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
Business Administration Accounting
Southern Alberta Institute of Technologywww.sait.ca
Located in central Calgary, the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT) is a polytechnic institute serving over 16,000 students. A leader in applied research and innovation, SAIT encourages collaboration between industry and education. SAIT offers two bachelor degrees, four applied bachelor degrees, 66 diploma and certificate programs and 30 Apprenticeship programs. Transfer options allow students to receive credit from other post-secondary institutions. Over 300 distance education and 1,800 continuing education and corporate training courses provide flexible options for learning. Agreements with post-secondary schools in the United States, Singapore and Australia allow SAIT students to experience international learning. Students enjoy a campus recreation centre that includes a swimming pool and ice arena. Students interested in competitive sports can challenge themselves in basketball, cross-country running, curling, hockey, soccer and volleyball. Campus amenities include two student residences and instructional facilities with 57 computer labs, 66 e-learning classrooms, and 90 per cent wireless coverage. Information sessions are held throughout the year for prospective students. In addition, prospective students can participate in Student for a Day or attend the fall and spring Open House events, which offer two days of displays, activities and tours.
Program Type Standard
Credential Type Diploma
Length 2 Years
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning Available
Completion of the following courses or equivalents:
- At least 50% in Math 30-1 or Math 30-2 or Pure Math 30, or at least 60% in Applied Math 30, AND,
- At least 50% in English Language Arts 30-1, or at least 60% in English Language Arts 30-2
- All applicants must demonstrate English Language Proficiency prior to admission, including students educated in Canada.
Some courses available through distance education
This program is eligible for full-time post-secondary assistance by Student Aid Alberta for the funding year 2019/08/01 to 2020/07/31*.
Books/Supplies/Instruments $2,600.00 Year One
Tuition $1,376.00 Year One
Mandatory Fees $184.00 Year One
* Tuition, books, supplies, instruments, and other/mandatory fees are provided to Student Aid Alberta and may be used when processing full-time post-secondary funding applications. The educational costs provided are based on a 100% full-course load and may not reflect current or all educational costs charged by the school. Contact the school to obtain accurate educational cost information.
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Yes
Updated July 09, 2019. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.