When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
Program Type Occupational
Credential Type Diploma
Length 2 - 2 Year(s)
62 weeks including a practicum
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning Available
Requirements for Program Admission
Completion of the following courses with a minimum grade C+
- Grade 12 Biology
- Grade 12 English
- Grade 11 Math (Principles or Foundations) or Applications of Math 12
- Grade 11 Science – Chemistry or Physics
- Pass Stenberg College entrance examination and interview
- Successful completion of a short written essay
- Pass Verbal Test of English if English is a Second Language
- Cardiac Life Support Certification – must be valid at time of clinical preceptorship
- Completion of a Criminal Record Consent Form under the Criminal Record Review Act
Note: Licensed / Registered Healthcare Professionals (who have completed Grade 12 and a post-secondary healthcare program) are exempt from specific secondary coursework requirements.
Requirements for practice education placements include:
- Acceptable Criminal Record Search under the Criminal Record Review Act
- Proof of Immunity Status as required by industry
- Acceptable Medical Examination Form completed by a physician
- Cardiac Life Support Certification
Combined online distance learning with hands-on experience. Contact the school for details.
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated August 27, 2015. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.