When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
There was an error. Please try again.
This page is already listed in your guide. Please choose a different page to add.
Surrey, British Columbia, V3T 5X3, Canada
Program Type Occupational
Credential Type Diploma
Length 2 Year(s)
63 weeks including 5.5 weeks of in-person labs and 13 weeks of practicum
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning Available
Please note, Stenberg College offers a variety of free upgrading courses and challenge exams in order to help students meet these admission prerequisites. Please contact a Program Advisor to discuss your academic options.
- Grade 12 Biology (minimum grade C+)*
- Grade 12 English (minimum grade C+)*
- Grade 11 Math (Principles of Foundations) or Applications of Math 12 (minimum grade C+)*
- Grade 11 Science – Chemistry or Physics (minimum grade C+)* OR Stenberg College Challenge Exam or Chemistry 11 Course with 70% or higher
- Passing Verbal Test of English if English is a Second Language or equivalent*
- Completion of a Criminal Record Consent Form under the Criminal Record Review Act
* Admission Access: Licensed / Registered Healthcare Professionals (who have completed Grade 12 and a post-secondary healthcare program) are exempt from specific secondary coursework requirements.
* Entrance requirements can be met with evidence of alternate assessments such as Challenge Exams, or acceptable standardized English equivalency tests as per the Stenberg College Language Proficiency chart. Evidence of Post-Secondary studies at an equivalent level where English was the first language is acceptable.
Online plus in-person labs and practicum
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated September 19, 2022. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.