When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
Child and Youth Care
Bow Valley Collegewww.bowvalleycollege.ca
Program Type Standard
Credential Type Diploma
Length 2 Years
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning
- Credit in English 30-1 or a minimum of 65% in English 30-2 or equivalent
- Successful completion of the General Equivalency Development (GED) test with a standard score of 520 in Language Arts: Reading and Writing
- Satisfactory results on the BVC Admissions Test
- Successful completion (65%, or “C” grade) in each of the four designated Pre-Community Studies Pathway courses offered by the School of Foundational Learning and a passing grade in one designated community studies course offered by the School of Community Studies
- IELTS score of 6 with minimum band score of 5.5
- TOEFL score of 83
- BVC Academic English 2 with a grade of “B-”
- Canadian Language Benchmarks score of 8 in each strand
- Transcripts demonstrating successful completion of an Alberta Education English Language Arts course that is consistent with the specified academic admission requirements for their career program
- Transcripts demonstrating successful completion of three years of full time secondary education at a school where English was the language of instruction
- Transcripts demonstrating successful completion of one year of full time post-secondary education at a school where English was the language of instruction
This program is eligible for full-time post-secondary assistance by Student Aid Alberta for the funding year 2019/08/01 to 2020/07/31*.
Tuition $3,696.00 Year One
Books/Supplies/Instruments $1,500.00 Year One
Mandatory Fees $584.00 Year One
* Tuition, books, supplies, instruments, and other/mandatory fees are provided to Student Aid Alberta and may be used when processing full-time post-secondary funding applications. The educational costs provided are based on a 100% full-course load and may not reflect current or all educational costs charged by the school. Contact the school to obtain accurate educational cost information.
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated June 12, 2018. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.