Bow Valley Collegewww.bowvalleycollege.ca
Located in downtown Calgary, Bow Valley College is Calgary and region’s only comprehensive community college and serves more than 15,000 full-time and part-time students. Programs and courses — in class, online, part-time, full-time, and blended — are offered at campuses in downtown Calgary and at seven regional centres throughout southern Alberta. The new South Campus opened in May 2013, and along with classroom and student spaces, it also includes the Calgary campuses for the University of Lethbridge, Athabasca University, and Olds College.
The College offers one-year certificates and two-year diplomas for programs in the Chiu School of Business, the School of Health and Wellness, the School of Community Studies, and the School of Creative Technologies. The College also has a post-diploma certificate program in Health and Human Services Management, with three more post-diploma certificate programs available in 2017-2018. Programs are also offered in English Language Learning through the Centre for Excellence in Immigrant and Intercultural Advancement, and academic upgrading through the Centre for Excellence in Foundational Learning.
Bow Valley College offers a wide range of continuing education courses and workplace training services. Career planning and assessment services are also made available to thousands of Albertans every year.
Funding is available through an extensive financial aid and awards program. College advisors help students with planning and funding applications. Year-round entry for many programs allows students to begin studies at their convenience.
Bow Valley College welcomes learners from all parts of the world and from all walks of life, ensuring rich learning and life experiences.
Campuses and Regional Learning Sites
Calgary, Airdrie, Banff, Canmore, Cochrane, High River, Okotoks, Strathmore
Program Type Occupational
Credential Type Diploma
Length 2 Years
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 60% in English 30-1 or minimum 70% in English 30-2 or equivalent
- Minimum 60% in
- Math 30-1 or Math 30-2 or equivalent and
- Biology 30 or equivalent and
- Chemistry 30 or equivalent
- 70% on math skills assessment (administered after application is reviewed)
- 30 words per minute on keyboarding assessment (administered after application is reviewed)
- Immunization requirements must be met prior to participating in practicum placements. Details after being accepted into the program. Up-to-date immunizations are valid for the duration of the program.
- Proficient manual dexterity is essential. Applicants should have basic computer skills and be detail-oriented with the ability to problem-solve and multi-task.
English Language Proficiency Requirements:
In addition to academic requirements, applicants who have not (a) graduated from a high school in Canada with three consecutive first language English courses/credits, or (b) completed an undergraduate degree from a university in Canada where instruction was provided in English, must demonstrate one of the following:
- TOEFL: Internet-based test score of 91 with a minimum score of 23 in speaking, 25 in writing, 22 in reading, and 21 in listening
- IELTS: Academic format, minimum overall band of 6.5 (no individual score lower than 6.0)
- MELAB: Score of 81, with a minimum score of 3+ in speaking, 80 in writing, 83 in reading, and 80 in listening
- CanTEST: A minimum score of 4.5 in speaking, 4.0 in writing, 4.5 in reading, and 4.5 in listening
This program is eligible for full-time post-secondary assistance by Student Aid Alberta for the funding year 2017/08/01 to 2018/07/31*.
Tuition $4,841.00 Year One
Books/Supplies/Instruments $1,850.00 Year One
Mandatory Fees $102.00 Year One
* Tuition, books, supplies, instruments, and other/mandatory fees are provided to Alberta Student Aid and may be used when processing full-time post-secondary funding applications. The educational costs provided are based on a 100% full-course load and may not reflect current or all educational costs charged by the school. Contact the school to obtain accurate educational cost information.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated July 07, 2017. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.