When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
Advanced Film Production Diploma
Bow Valley Collegewww.bowvalleycollege.ca
Program Type Standard
Credential Type Diploma
Length 2 Years
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning
- Credit in English 30-1 or a minimum of 65% in English 30-2 or equivalent
- Successful completion of the General Educational Development test (GED) with a standard score of 520 in Language Arts: Reading and Writing
- Satisfactory results on the BVC Admissions Test
- Portfolio submission of 15-20 pieces of artistic work (e.g., sketches, renderings, design variations) in digital format. The portfolio should showcase the applicant’s proficiency in digital design software, creativity, artistic range, and/or technical ability. Portfolios should reflect the applicant’s personal artistic interests and identity. Successful applicant portfolios will reflect a broad range of techniques, influences, styles, and subject manner. Applicants who do not meet this criteria can apply to the Foundations of Entertainment Arts certificate to satisfy this requirement.
English Language Proficiency
In addition to academic requirements, applicants whose first language is not English must demonstrate one of the following:
- IELTS score of 6 with minimum band score of 6.0
- TOEFL score of 83
- BVC Academic English 2 with a grade of ‘B-’
- Canadian Language Benchmarks score of 8 in each strand
- Transcripts demonstrating successful completion of an Alberta Education English Language Arts course that is consistent with the specified academic admission requirements for their career program
- Transcripts demonstrating successful completion of three years of full time secondary education at a school where English was the language of instruction
- Transcripts demonstrating successful completion of one year of full time post-secondary education at a school where English was the language of instruction
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated July 31, 2022. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.