When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
There was an error. Please try again.
This page is already listed in your guide. Please choose a different page to add.
Emergency Services Technology Diploma Fire
At Lakeland College, students take charge of their future and become leaders today through career-relevant, industry-driven programming and experiential learning opportunities.
Students take the lead through student-managed enterprises, events and experiences. For example, they put theory into action on the Student-Managed Farm – Powered by New Holland where they manage crop and livestock enterprises, battle realistic fire simulations at the Emergency Training Centre, run an award-winning play program for children, rebuild cars, manage a campus spa and salon, and more!
Through these student-managed opportunities, our students learn how to think critically and creatively while also developing leadership, teamwork, and communication skills.
Lakeland offers 50-plus programs and serves more than 7,000 credit and non-credit students every year at our campuses in Vermilion and Lloydminster, and through online and off-site delivery.
Programming areas include agricultural sciences, business, energy, environmental sciences, fire and emergency services, health and wellness, human services, interior design technology, trades and technology, and university transfer. Lakeland’s Research Centre is a test-bed for innovations in agriculture, energy, and environmental sciences.
This is Lakeland. Leading. Learning. Since 1913.
Campuses: Vermilion, Lloydminster
5707 College Drive
Vermilion, Alberta, T9X1K5, Canada
Program Type Standard
Credential Type Diploma
Length 2 Years
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning
- 18 years of age or older
- High school diploma with a minimum 50% in:
- English 30-1 or English 30-2
- Math 20-3
- one grade 12 Science (Biology 30 preferred)
- Valid Class 5 or equivalent driver's licence with airbrake endorsement
- Completed EST program checklist
- Completed medical clearance form
- Proof of Standard First Aid and CPR level C valid to February 2022 or EMR. EMR is not required but strongly recommended to allow more options for employment as well as flexibility to reconsider the medical specialization.
- Must have computer application skills including word processing, preparing spreadsheets, and performing web research tasks
- A clear criminal record check is required for practicum placement
- Driver's abstract may also be required
This program is eligible for full-time post-secondary assistance by Alberta Student Aid for the funding year 2022/08/01 to 2023/07/31*.
Tuition $19,950.00 Year One
Mandatory Fees $1,803.00 Year One
Books/Supplies/Instruments $990.00 Year One
* Tuition, books, supplies, instruments, and other/mandatory fees are provided to Alberta Student Aid and may be used when processing full-time post-secondary funding applications. The educational costs provided are based on a 100% full-course load and may not reflect current or all educational costs charged by the school. Contact the school to obtain accurate educational cost information.
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated June 30, 2022. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.