When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
Equine Reproduction Technician
Program Type Standard
Credential Type Certificate
Length 1 Year or Less
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning Available
Meet the English Language Proficiency Requirement, and
Completion of the Olds College Equine Science or the Animal Health Technology diploma with a program GPA of 2.0 or higher. An equivalent diploma or degree in equine studies or animal health, or a degree in veterinary medicine may also be considered.
50% or better in English Language Arts 30-1 or 30-2, and
50% or better in Biology 30, and
50% or better in Math 20-1 or 20-2, and
120 hours of job shadowing and/or employment
Applicants must complete a minimum of 120 hours of paid and/or volunteer job shadowing and/or employment in an equine related business (may be completed on or outside of your family owned business/farm). Hours are to be completed so the applicant is able to gain an understanding of the equine industry - the equine industry is both rewarding and challenging!
- The hours may be gained from more than one equine related business.
- The job shadowing and/or employment hours are not required to be completed through a school program/class.
- The job shadowing and/or employment hours must be completed prior to submitting the Verification Form.
- The Verification Form must include the name & contact information of the supervisor/employer who most closely supervised the applicant in the location where the job shadowing and/or employment hours were gained.
- The applicant will need to submit one Verification Form for each job shadowing/employment that was used to gain the required hours.
Combined online learning and hands-on training
This program is eligible for full-time post-secondary assistance by Alberta Student Aid for the funding year 2020/08/01 to 2021/07/31*.
Tuition $4,687.00 Year One
Mandatory Fees $1,106.00 Year One
Books/Supplies/Instruments $1,000.00 Year One
* Tuition, books, supplies, instruments, and other/mandatory fees are provided to Alberta Student Aid and may be used when processing full-time post-secondary funding applications. The educational costs provided are based on a 100% full-course load and may not reflect current or all educational costs charged by the school. Contact the school to obtain accurate educational cost information.
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated August 22, 2019. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.