When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
Financial Planning Certificate
Bow Valley Collegewww.bowvalleycollege.ca
Targeted toward industry professionals, this four (4) course certificate of achievement allows you to complete educational requirements towards your Qualified Associate Financial Planner (QAFP) or your Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation and advance your career within the Financial Planning sector. Courses are accredited with FP Canada and learners can obtain their Mutual Funds License through the Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC).
Program Type Occupational
Credential Type Certificate *
Length 180 Hour(s)
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning
* Certificate of Achievement
• Credit in English 30-1 or a minimum of 65% in English 30-2 or equivalent
• Credit in Math 30-1 or Math 30-2 or equivalent
• Successful completion of the General Educational Development test (GED) with a standard score of 520 in Language Arts: Reading and Writing and 520 in Math
• Satisfactory results on the BVC Admissions Test!div> !div> !div> !div> !div> !div> !div> !div> !div> !div> !div> !div> !div>
In addition to academic requirements, applicants whose first language is NOT English must demonstrate ONE of the following:
- IELTS score of 6 with a minimum band score of 6.0
- TOEFL score of 83
- BVC Academic English 2 with a grade of ‘B-’
- Canadian Language Benchmarks score of 8 in each strand
- Successful completion of an Alberta Education English Language Arts course that is consistent with the specified academic admission requirements for the Career Program
- Transcripts demonstrating successful completion of three years of full-time secondary education at a school where English was the language of instruction
- Transcripts demonstrating successful completion of one year of full-time post-secondary education at a school where English was the language of instruction
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated September 18, 2023. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.