When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
There was an error. Please try again.
This page is already listed in your guide. Please choose a different page to add.
Government of Alberta Health Care Aide Provincial Curriculum 2019
Bow Valley Collegewww.bowvalleycollege.ca
345-6 Avenue SE
Calgary, Alberta, T2G 4V1, Canada
Program Type Standard
Credential Type Certificate
Length 1 Year or Less
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning
- Minimum 60% in English 20-2
- Satisfactory results on the Bow Valley College Admission Test
In addition to academic requirements, applicants whose first language is NOT English must demonstrate ONE of the following:
- IELTS Academic (International English Language Testing System): 6 with minimum band score of 5.5
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language): 71
- Canadian Language Benchmarks: 7 in each strand
- CELPIP General overall score of 7, with a minimum band score of 6
- Transcripts demonstrating successful completion of three (3) years of full-time secondary education at a Canadian high school where the primary language of instruction was English
- Transcripts demonstrating successful completion of two (2) years full-time study at a recognized post-secondary institution in Canada where the primary language of instruction was English
- A current Police Information Check (PIC) with Vulnerable Sector Search (VSS) must be submitted prior to practicum placements. The existence of a criminal record may postpone or prevent clinical, practicum, or field work placements, and, subsequently, successful completion of the program.
- Immunization requirements must be met in order to participate in practicum placements. Details will be provided after being accepted into the program. Up-to-date immunizations are valid for the duration of the program.
- You will have an opportunity to get an N95 mask fitting, at our downtown campus. You will be able to register for this course (SAFT9406 N95 Mask Fitting) through MyBVC (or your regional administrator) once your program begins. This is a requirement for clinical placements.
- You can ensure your CPR certification is up to date by taking FACP9101 Basic Life Support CPR (healthcare provider level) through Continuing Education. You can see the current schedule and register online by clicking here. This certificate is recommended, but not required for clinical placements.
- Applicants must be able to work shifts and weekends, be on their feet for extended periods of time, use their knees, back, and arms to move clients who have minimal body strength and function effectively in stressful situations.
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated July 31, 2022. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.