When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
There was an error. Please try again.
This page is already listed in your guide. Please choose a different page to add.
Office of the Registrar
10726 - 106 Avenue
Grande Prairie, Alberta, T8V 4C4, Canada
Program Type Standard
Credential Type Diploma
Length 2 Years
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning
The Kinesiology Diploma program requires an overall average of 60% in the following Alberta Education high school courses or equivalents. For course groups, refer to the Classification of Alberta Education Courses.
- English 30, minimum 60 %
- Two subjects from Group A or C
- One subject from Group C
- One subject from Group B, C, or Physical Education 30
- Only one language other than English will be accepted
If you are 21 years of age or older, by the first day of classes of the term in which admission is sought and do not have a high school diploma, you may still be eligible for admission as a Non-Matriculated Adult (NMA). Admission to the Kinesiology Diploma program requires an overall average of 60 percent on the following Alberta Education high school courses or equivalents:
- English 30, minimum 60 % and
- One other 30-level subject from Group A or C (Biology 30 recommended)
Regardless of admission requirements, you must still have the high school prerequisites to the courses you require or wish to take in your program.
This program is eligible for full-time post-secondary assistance by Alberta Student Aid for the funding year 2022/08/01 to 2023/07/31*.
Tuition $4,230.00 Year One
Books/Supplies/Instruments $2,000.00 Year One
Mandatory Fees $1,533.00 Year One
* Tuition, books, supplies, instruments, and other/mandatory fees are provided to Alberta Student Aid and may be used when processing full-time post-secondary funding applications. The educational costs provided are based on a 100% full-course load and may not reflect current or all educational costs charged by the school. Contact the school to obtain accurate educational cost information.
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Yes
Updated July 22, 2022. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.