When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
There was an error. Please try again.
This page is already listed in your guide. Please choose a different page to add.
Library Information Technology
Southern Alberta Institute of Technologywww.sait.ca
Office of the Registrar
1301 16 Avenue NW
Calgary, Alberta, T2M0L4, Canada
Program Type Standard
Credential Type Diploma
Length 2 Years
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning Available
At least 60% in the following courses or equivalents:
- English Language Arts 30-1 or English Language Arts 30-2 or equivalents, AND,
- Two of the following Grade 12 subjects: Math, Science, Social Science, Accounting, Law or a second language.
- LIBR-200 (Introduction to Libraries) may be substituted for one of the two Grade 12 subjects. This course is available through distance education.
- All applicants must demonstrate English Language Proficiency prior to admission, including students educated in Canada.
Distance education option
This program is eligible for full-time post-secondary assistance by Alberta Student Aid for the funding year 2023/08/01 to 2024/07/31*.
Tuition $5,103.00 Year One
Books/Supplies/Instruments $2,000.00 Year One
Mandatory Fees $1,900.00 Year One
* Tuition, books, supplies, instruments, and other/mandatory fees are provided to Alberta Student Aid and may be used when processing full-time post-secondary funding applications. The educational costs provided are based on a 100% full-course load and may not reflect current or all educational costs charged by the school. Contact the school to obtain accurate educational cost information.
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Yes
Updated June 20, 2022. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.