When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
There was an error. Please try again.
This page is already listed in your guide. Please choose a different page to add.
Practical Nurse Diploma General
Bow Valley Collegewww.bowvalleycollege.ca
345-6 Avenue SE
Calgary, Alberta, T2G 4V1, Canada
Program Type Standard
Credential Type Diploma
Length 2 Years
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning Available
- Minimum final mark of 60% in English 30-1 or 70% in English 30-2 or equivalent
- Credit in Math 20-1 or a minimum final mark of 60% in Math 20-2 or equivalent
- Minimum final mark of 60% in Biology 30
- Successful completion (65%, or “C” grade) in each of the seven designated Pre-Health Pathway courses offered by the School of Foundational Learning and in each of the three designated courses offered by the School of Health and Wellness
†Applicants may complete Anatomy and Physiology (ANAT1101) at Bow Valley College before the program starts either in-class through Continuing Education or online through eCampus pending availability. Applicants may be eligible for transfer credit in Semester One if they achieve a grade of C (65%) or higher and submit a Request for Transfer Credit Form to the Registrar's Office at least one month before the first day of classes. Please note that Post-LPN Bachelor of Nursing Programs might not accept ANAT1101 in place of 30-level science courses.
English Language Proficiency Requirements: In addition to academic requirements, applicants whose first language is NOT English must demonstrate ONE of the following:
- IELTS with a minimum band score of listening 7.5, reading 6.5, writing 7.0, and speaking 7.0
- TOEFL score of 92
- BVC Academic English 2 with a grade of ‘B’
- Canadian Language Benchmarks score of 8 in each strand
- Successful completion of an Alberta Education English Language Arts course that is consistent with the specified academic admission requirements for the Career Program
- Transcripts demonstrating successful completion of three years of full-time secondary education at a school where English was the language of instruction
- Transcripts demonstrating successful completion of one year of full-time post-secondary education at a school where English was the language of instruction
Blended; Real-time Online
This program is eligible for full-time post-secondary assistance by Alberta Student Aid for the funding year 2022/08/01 to 2023/07/31*.
Tuition $5,328.00 Year One
Books/Supplies/Instruments $2,200.00 Year One
Mandatory Fees $682.00 Year One
* Tuition, books, supplies, instruments, and other/mandatory fees are provided to Alberta Student Aid and may be used when processing full-time post-secondary funding applications. The educational costs provided are based on a 100% full-course load and may not reflect current or all educational costs charged by the school. Contact the school to obtain accurate educational cost information.
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated July 31, 2022. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.