When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
Recreation Therapy Aide
Bow Valley Collegewww.bowvalleycollege.ca
Program Type Standard
Credential Type Certificate
Length 1 Year or Less
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning Available
- Credit in either English 10-1 or 10-2 or equivalent
- Successful completion of the General Educational Development (GED) test with a standard score of 450 in Language Arts: Reading and Writing
- Satisfactory results on the Bow Valley College Admissions Test
- Previous education and/or work experience in health or human services or successful completion of HMSV9102 Personal Support Skills for Caregivers
- A current Police Information Check (PIC) must be submitted prior to practicum placements. The existence of a criminal record may postpone or prevent clinical, practicum, or field work placements and, subsequently, successful completion of the program.
- Immunization requirements must be met prior to participating in practicum placements. Details will be provided after being accepted into the program. Up-to-date immunizations are valid for the duration of the program.
- Basic Life Support CPR (FACP9101) is recommended and often required by employers
This program is eligible for full-time post-secondary assistance by Alberta Student Aid for the funding year 2021/08/01 to 2022/07/31*.
Tuition $2,850.00 Year One
Books/Supplies/Instruments $1,500.00 Year One
Mandatory Fees $666.00 Year One
* Tuition, books, supplies, instruments, and other/mandatory fees are provided to Alberta Student Aid and may be used when processing full-time post-secondary funding applications. The educational costs provided are based on a 100% full-course load and may not reflect current or all educational costs charged by the school. Contact the school to obtain accurate educational cost information.
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated June 25, 2021. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.