When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
Southern Alberta Institute of Technologywww.sait.ca
Program Type Standard
Credential Type Diploma
Length 3 Years
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning
Completion of the following courses or equivalents:
- At least 60% in Math 30-1 or Pure Math 30, or at least 70% in Math 30-2, AND,
- At least 60% in English Language Arts 30-1, AND,
- At least 60% in Chemistry 30, AND,
- At least 60% in Biology 30.
English Language Requirement
All applicants who have English as an additional language must achieve the following passing scores in Enhanced Language Training Placement Assessment (ELTPA) before a seat can be offered in the program:
- Speaking Benchmark level 9
- Listening Benchmark level 9
- Reading Benchmark level 9
- Writing Benchmark level 9
The language assessment can be completed through the Immigrant Language Vocational Assessment Referral Centre (contact: 403.262.2656). The waitlist is approximately three weeks to access the ELTPA and assessment duration is approximately three hours.
In order to take the ELTPA test, you will need a referral form from the Respiratory Therapy (RT) program. Please email the administrative assistant with this required information:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Phone number
- Current immigration status and number associated with your status
- SAIT student ID number
Please note that the program does not accept International English Language Testing System (IELTS), Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB) or Michener English Language Assessment (MELA) as equivalent to the ELTPA.
This program is eligible for full-time post-secondary assistance by Alberta Student Aid for the funding year 2022/08/01 to 2023/07/31*.
Books/Supplies/Instruments $7,530.00 Year One
Tuition $4,140.00 Year One
Mandatory Fees $1,469.00 Year One
* Tuition, books, supplies, instruments, and other/mandatory fees are provided to Alberta Student Aid and may be used when processing full-time post-secondary funding applications. The educational costs provided are based on a 100% full-course load and may not reflect current or all educational costs charged by the school. Contact the school to obtain accurate educational cost information.
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated June 20, 2022. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.